Zero waste: what if you got started?
- 16 Feb, 2020
Want to get started with zero waste? We give you some advice and practical tips that you can implement right now. Take note!
Zero-waste, zero waste objectives, so many new thermal baths that we hear frequently in the media and that we are increasingly talking about in discussions with our colleagues and friends.
But what is it?
According to the association ZeroWasteFrance, this is " an approach aimed at reducing our production of waste as much as possible. This consists of reviewing its consumption method in order to produce less waste at the source, and not simply to better integrate recycling into our lifestyles. ”
How to apply it in my daily life?
This movement requires a reflection on how we can limit waste, buy better, repair instead of throwing and obviously sorting and also recycling.
- Prefer short circuits to large retailers
- Buy local, products are fresher and better
- Buy vegetables, pasta, rice ... in bulk! (it is 15% to 40% cheaper than mass-market products sold in plastic packaging)
- Store these products in glass jars which in addition to being aesthetic, preserve your food very well!
Replace everyday disposables
On December 18, 2018, the EU adopted legislation aimed at reducing daily disposable plastic waste. The text notably provides for the elimination of 8 single-use plastic products by 2021 (cutlery, plates, straws, cotton swabs, etc.).
Here are some alternatives, the list is not exhaustive:
- Replace your plastic toothbrush with a bamboo toothbrush
- Sip a cocktail with friends with a bamboo straw
- Enjoy your picnic with reusable bamboo cutlery
- Gently cleanse the ears with bamboo cotton swabs
You have understood, it is time to realize that by modifying certain small habits of our daily life we can greatly help in the preservation of our magnificent planet.