Cacao Almond Brownies (Gluten Free)
Let’s rewind to New Year's Eve. My family and I are on the couch watching our favorite Tom & Jerry DVDs. We plan is to eat dinner and watch movies but I feel like having something sweet. I decide that I need a brownie—like I really need a brownie—and proceed to surf YouTube in my search for my ideal brownie recipe.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup (60ml) or more if you want them a little sweeter
2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained (340g)
1/2 cup cacao powder (40g)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almonds, chopped (75g)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (25g)
1 tablespoon chia seeds (12g)
• Preheat oven to 350° (175°C)
• Place the banana, vanilla and maple syrup in the food processor and process until smooth.
• Add the black beans, cocoa powder, and salt and process until totally smooth, about a minute or two.
• Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and place the almonds and coconut in the food processor (don’t worry about washing the food processor).
• Process the almonds and coconut until the almonds are chopped up to your liking.
• Add this to the mixing bowl, along with the chia seeds and stir until everything is incorporated.
• Drizzle a tiny bit of oil in an 8 x 11 (20.3cm x 28cm) pan and then wipe the excess off with a cloth or paper towel, and pour in the brownie mixture.
• Bake for 35 minutes.